Sunday 10 March 2013

Emerald Green Shoes Tutorial

First of all, I'm happy to inform everyone that I've taken up photography! I realized that my images weren't the best, so I got me a good camera. Say au revoir to cloudy images and Hola! to beautiful colours and details.

Speaking of colour, Pantone says Emerald Green is the colour of 2013. I absolutely agree. It is a beautiful hue, both royal and refreshing. I bought a cute green satchel from Accesorize but still needed more. So I made these.


Who doesn't love yummy pops of colour?

For these shoes, you will need :

Notice the newspaper in the background. What a perfect match!

I had these plain black shoes that I NEVER wore on account of them being so BLAH!  
They have a nice heel, not too high not too low. First I cleaned them up real nice. It is very important to have a clean canvas to work on, especially while painting or the paint won't stay for long.


Once they're clean and dry, stuff 'em with newspaper. I already put in-soles underneath to keep the paint from staining the rest of the shoe. The newspaper tightens the material so that the paint can be applied uniformly.


If your shoes are black and you really want the colour to pop, paint a neat layer of white first. Let it dry COMPLETELY. Use a hair dryer if you are as impatient as I am. If the paint is still wet, it will mix with the green and then your shoes won't be emerald anymore.


Now paint a pretty layer of green on top. Again, wait for it to dry. Do you want pretty shoes or not? Distract yourself with 9gag. Funny right? Okay now paint another nice layer. The green should look solid now. 9gag again while it dries.

The left shoe has been varnished and the right is as it is. Choose the effect you like.

This step is optional but I prefer doing it. Paint a layer of clear polish on top of the green. It makes the paint neater and more uniform. It also makes it resistant to chipping. They'll last longer. Emerald Green is the colour of the YEAR, not month. You'll want it to last as long as possible. Now leave them alone for 24 hours, in a well ventilated zone.

Now wear your gorgeous emerald shoes and paint the town green with envy ;)















No comments:

Post a Comment